What does it do Edit
Mserver allows you to play local files on a remote or local mpd server.
Mserver starts a small embedded webserver. This webserver is used to stream local audio files to mpd. As a security precaution only files added to a list will be served to mpd and is identified by a random generated id. In the future only connections from the ip as the connected mpd. It also reads tags from the local file.
- Webserver port: 9876
- File support: mp3, ogg, flac, wavpack (more need to be added).
- Config file: ~/.gmpc/server_urls.txt
- gmpc 0.16.0 or up
- libmpd 0.15.0 or up
- libmicrohttpd 0.3.1
Git repository: here
- Only allow connections from the same port as mpd is connected to.
- Allow more file-types to be played.
- Audio-CD support?
- Recursive adding of songs?
- Drag and drop songs.
Support for reading tags from local files